Thursday, March 1, 2012

Parenthood: Part 1

(Not my actual child)

So, my last blog post was the day before the birth of my child. That was two weeks ago today. It’s hard to believe I’m a dad. I mean, really, I’m too young for this…oh wait, I’ll be 30 this year. I guess it’s time to grow up…maybe not.

Being a parent really does change your perspective on things. This kid is TOTALLY and COMPLETELY dependent upon me. She can’t change herself. She can’t dress herself. She can’t even feed herself. Even when we shove the “food” in her face, she’ll still cry because she’s so hungry. Sometimes I think, “What’s your deal kid?”

But as I think these thoughts, I wonder if that’s how God looks at us sometimes. We’ll sit there crying and crabbing and being self-absorbed, when all along, what we want is right in front of our face. Do you think God ever gets frustrated with us? It says in Genesis 6:1-3 that God’s Spirit couldn’t “put up with us for longer than 120 years.” I love that. I just picture God having His hands in his face and shaking His head at us.

Let’s face it. We are TOTALLY and COMPLETELY dependent upon God. And, if we think we aren’t or shouldn’t be, we probably need to rethink our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment