Friday, December 2, 2011

The Map

I always have been and always will be a firm believer that God has a plan for our lives.  When times get rough, people seem to quote Jeremiah:

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

But it seems that when life happens, we forget that.  I know that when I am really hurting, the last thing I want to hear is, "Don't worry, God's got a plan."  When the task seems too tough and the odds are stacked against you, it's not too reassuring.  Some of you reading this are unemployed like me.  Jeremiah's words are comforting up until the rent or gas bill is due.  When you get let go from your job and you don't know what to do or where to go next, you know that God will provide, but "when?"


I know God has a plan for my life; I just wish he would show me the map sometimes.  But without uncertain times, we wouldn't need trust and faith.

Trust
"reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence."
Do you trust that God will provide for you?  Do you believe that God has the ability to meet your every need?  Most of the time we do, but in times of uncertainty, that's when our trust is put to the test.  

Faith
"confidence or trust in a person or thing"
Do you have complete confidence in God?  Again, when times are good, it's easy to say yes, but when times are hard, is your confidence shaken?  

God uses hard times in our lives to get us to the next stage in our lives.  I know that God is using the current stage in my life to prepare me for the future.  God has something big planned and I am starting to see that.  A few weeks ago, I wondered what that plan was.  It's amazing that now I can see that plan developing.

I know that God will continue to take care of me and that my "ideal situation" may not be the same as God's.  I know that He's got a plan and that His plan is far better than anything else that I could think up. I have to trust that He knows what He's doing and I have to have faith that He has a plan for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment