Friday, January 20, 2012

Leaving A Legacy


The other day, I ran sound for the funeral of a church member. Being brand new to the congregation, I didn't know the man, but as I sat up in the balcony, I took note of something: this man was very loved and respected. His best friend gave an impassioned eulogy that made me wish I knew the man who had passed. After he was done, the entire church applauded. It was quite a sight to see.

Witnessing all this, it got me thinking, how will people remember me? I'm almost 30 years old and, by all account, I have a lot of life ahead of me. But as we all know, we can be one car ride away from the end. So, how will I be remembered?

Will I be known as the "nice guy?" A singer? A musician? A good husband? A good dad? These are all great things to be known for, but will they last?

How many disciples have I helped make? How many of those disciples have then in turn made disciples? How will those people teach their kids about Jesus? How many people will know Jesus because I spoke up about how He changed my life?

These questions help me understand where my legacy lies. Does my legacy lie with things of this world or does it lie with Jesus?

What is your legacy?

No comments:

Post a Comment