Monday, January 23, 2012

Tears


I don't cry in public.  It's not something I do.  I think I can count on one hand the times that I have cried in front of more than 5 people.  Last night, I added another moment.

After Fuse had concluded, I got on stage and told the students that my wife and I would no longer be helping out regularly on Sunday nights after the Pause retreat.  It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.  When you give all of yourself to a ministry for almost 4 years, it tends to get to you.  I have see these students grow in their faith.  I have see their lives and the lives of their friends change for the better.

As I stood there...I was speechless.  I couldn't get the words out.  Even though I am leaving, it is the right thing to do.  

I know that.   

The students know that.

The past few months I think that everyone knew that the time was coming; that the end was near.

I am so thankful for my Fuse family.  They were there to help me through some hard times, as well as celebrate the good.  They all taught me so many things.  I am a better person because God put the staff, leaders and students of Fuse in my life.  

I'll always remember the retreats.  The set up. The tear down.  The paintball trips.  The mission trips.  Camping in the rain storms.  The Nerf dart gun wars.  The softball team. And so many other times when I've laughed and cried.  But the thing that I will remember the most is how God changed my life through the people, both young and old, that make up the Fuse family.

I know that it's not goodbye forever.  I'm sure I'll poke my head in from time to time.  But it is the end of my time on a regular basis.  

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment